International Student & Scholar Services

Visa Requirements

The Wake Forest University Center for Global Programs and Studies provides assistance with the visa process. You should read and make yourself familiar with the information found here: This page offers information on the requirements of studying on the F-1 or J-1 visa, including the guidelines for arriving and living in the US, F-2 dependent visas, and most importantly, the mandates of the visa regarding health insurance.

You will also be required to fill out a Certificate of Finances (included in your acceptance package) by the Law School indicating that you have the funds necessary to cover tuition and living expenses for the length of your stay. This document requires an explanation of the sources of your funding and supporting documents and signatures from those sources.

We would encourage you to visit WFU Center for Global Programs & Studies where you can find useful information about arriving in the U.S. and getting settled in Winston Salem.